Healthy on-the-go snacks are key for busy lives! Energy Balls with a balance of protein, carbohydrate and healthy fats will keep you satisfied longer and full of energy! Great for pre and/or post workout too!
This recipe is another great way to incorporate pumpkin for your fall desires! Not to mention pumpkin puree is full antioxidants, fiber and Vitamin A!
Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
Makes 24-32 Balls
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
Gluten Free if use gluten free oats, Dairy and Egg Free.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until well blended.
- Place bowl of mixed ingredients in refrigerator to chill for about 30-45 minutes.
- Take bowl out of refrigerator and roll mixture into 1” diameter balls.
- Place balls on a covered(parchment of tin foil) cookie sheet and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.